Thursday, March 12, 2009

With This Ring I Thee Wed

On this day, four years ago, I married my better half. Daniel is the man I dreamed and hoped for long before I met him. It's hard to believe so much has passed since that day I became his, and yet it also seems like a long time ago... Here are some photographs to commemorate that special day.



The rehearsal went great & we had a lovely evening at the Chinese themed dinner.


Paul prayed a special blessing for us on the night before our wedding.


My handsome man; still as charming as ever!


Putting on the finishing touches...


My Father gave a beautiful talk on the covenant of marriage. Dad moved us all with his heartfelt blessing & charge!


With this ring I thee wed...

With my body I thee worship...

And with all my worldly goods, I thee endow.
In the name of The Father, The Son, & The Holy Ghost.
Amen!

Finally man & wife! :-)


Me & my Beloved


"Going to the chapel..."


Here's a toast!


"God, the best maker of all marriages,
Combine your hearts in one." ~Henry V



"As God by creation made two of one, so again by marriage He made one of two."
~Thomas Adams


"Lovely, with your smile so warm... Just the way you look tonight!"
~Old Blue Eyes


"So I will dance with Cinderella, while she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh I will dance with Cinderella, I don't want to miss even one song
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone..." ~Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman


Cutting the cake!


The dear ones who began all of this...
:-)


3 comments:

Bradley said...

Happy 4th anniversary!!

Taking a look, I see I might as well congratulate myself on being the first and only person to comment on this post. ^_____________^

Kidding... kidding...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the (wonderful) memories...it only gets better and better with time!
Love you both,
Mom

mommyofmany said...

Ah... sweet memories of a beautiful day.

The true blessings come as we see God working in your family. May He continue to do mighty things as you grow together and train your children for Him.