This is a song I've had on my mind often today. Caedmon's Call is one of my favorites, and this song is tops. It's always reminds me of Ecclesiastes 3, which is one of my favorite passages in the Bible. We can rejoice in all things, because we know that God has it all planned out for us, even when we don't understand the whys and whens... As we like to say at my church "God is good. All the time!" This is why I can know at the end of the day that it will be alright. This is why I can look forward to meeting the littlest White in Heaven someday. This is why I love and serve my King!
"There Is A Reason"
by
Caedmon's Call
Late at night I wonder why, sometimes I wonder why
Sometimes I’m so tired I don’t even try
Seems everything around me fails
But I hold onto the promise that there is a reason
Late at night the darkness makes it hard to see
The history of the saints who’ve gone in front of me
Through famine, plague, and disbelief
His hand was still upon them
Cause there is a reason, there is a reason
He makes all things good
He makes all things good
There’s a time to live a time to die
A time for wondering, to wonder why
Cause there is a reason, there is a reason
There is a reason
I believe that God who sent who sent His only Son
To walk upon this world and give His life for us
With blood and tears on a long dark night
And know that he believed there is a reason
There is a reason
He makes all things good
He makes all things good
There’s a time to live a time to die
A time for wondering, to wonder why
Cause there is a reason, there is a reason
There is a reason
The widow’s mite in the rich man’s hand
And the continent whose blood becomes a traitor
A child afraid to close their eyes
The prayers that seem unanswered
There is a reason, there is a reason
He makes all things good
He makes all things good
There’s a time to live a time to die
A time for wondering, to wonder why
Cause there is a reason, there is a reason
There is a reason
The actual song
No comments:
Post a Comment