Friday, August 22, 2008

Dancing in Dixie

We had the pleasure of attending the Southern Heritage Ball a couple weeks ago. Daniel helped teach along with his brother Micah, and everyone had a grand time! Ladies and gents were dressed up in costume, and there was scrumptious food, along with good company. You really had to be there to appreciate all the fun, but here are a few glimpses of the evening's pleasures!



My father-in-law and husband can be seen dancing the "Gay Gordon" here.

A lady made of fruit!


Lydia & Trinity. The girls all looked adorable in the dresses Hannah made!


One of the Boyd boys partners with Miss Brodock.


Mama's girl! She is happiest in my arms...



I think she'll be an eager dancer in a couple of years... ;-)


Hannah & Josiah are stepping out!


Dancing with Daddy.


Hannah looked lovely & was a valuable partner on the dance floor.


People of all ages seemed to enjoy themselves!


Dancing the "Gay Gordon".


"Forward 1,2,3,4..."


Patrick watched contentedly on the sidelines until his turn came...


But he was eager when he got the chance to join in the dance!


The setting was lovely when stepping out for a bit of fresh air!


A few southern ladies enjoy the evening air.



We had "a ball" dressing up in costume for the occasion!



Me & my dashing southern gentleman! :-)

6 comments:

Hannah said...

It was LOTS of fun!!! We will have to do that again sometime very soon! Patrick was a great partner!

mommyofmany said...

We did have a grand time! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Bradley said...

From the pictures, it looks like you had a grand time!

After browsing your pictures, I couldn't help but do a little touch-up job on an especially good picture of Patrick. Below is the link.

Photo link

Bradley said...

My bad, here's the same picture uploaded to a different place in it's original larger size. Just click the little blue magnify button to scale it up...

New link

Kristin said...

Thanks Brad! I'm glad more than one person in the family has Photoshop skills! :-)

The Ferrill's said...

Kristin I had no idea you had a blog! Look how big Trinity is! Oh my! I have loved reading through your posts...especially the one about the day you met Daniel...how precious!
Okay, now that I found out you have a blog...I'll be stopping by to check in on your sweet family!