Sunday, October 19, 2008

Politics

Ah, it's that time of year again, when one is bombarded by ads from a man in a suit trying to sell you his idea for leading the country further down the drain. Such a beautiful time of year can easily turn into a depressing one if you take the time to listen to Obama or McCain. Yes, that's right, McCain is pretty much in the same boat. While he may go about it in a different way, we'll still be sailing further from the vision that was our country. I certainly am tempted to be cynical and depressed, and sometimes I'd even like to throw something...

The main thing that keeps me from going crazy or threatening to move to New Zealand is the fact that God's will is being done, even as I type. He is in control of it all, and His plan will be fulfilled, regardless of which man attempts to rule our nation. I can actually laugh at the politicians in Washington instead of cry, because I know that it ultimately doesn't matter what they do, God is victorious.

"Why do nations rage, and the people plot a vain thing?
The kings of the earth set themselves and the rulers take counsel together
against the Lord and against His anointed, saying
"let us break their bonds in pieces and cast away their cords from us."
He who sits in the heavens shall laugh;
The Lord shall hold them in derision."
~Psalm 2:1-4

I highly recommend that you read the whole Psalm, and this article: Picking One's Poison
(Nate Wilson is always worth taking the time to read). Then I hope you will think about things and pray. Pray for our country and it's fate. Pray for our Church, that She will have the courage and the integrity to do what is right!

I pray we will not get the leader we deserve, but even so, dear God, thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven!

Amen!
Kristin

1 comment:

Bradley said...

Amen!
You know Christians are confused when you hear them talking about why McCain is the better vote ("well, we have to vote! If we don't, Obama will win!").